Elder Steinagel's Address!

Since Jordan's email time is limited, you can write him at:

Elder Jordan T. Steinagel
Chile Santiago West Mission
Correos, Casilla 149
Chacabuco 166
Maipu
CHILE

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update 3-22-2010

Hey! This week has been pretty awesome. On Wednesday we had interviews with President Jones and District Meeting. It´s so cool because every time I get done having interviews with him, I feel way uplifted and ready to go and preach the gospel. That day we had a lesson with a 10 year old convert named Francois. He was very full of energy and it was hard to get his attention, but then finally a scripture came to my mind (I think 2 Nephi 9:24) and I read it to him. We were teaching lesson 3 and after I read that scripture, I just started teaching about blessings that Francois will have if he endures to the end. It was cool because I taught in a way that got his attention and he started listening to us. At the end of the lesson, I couldn´t really remember everything I taught. Pretty much I´m sure that the spirit was teaching through me and put those ideas in my mind of how to teach him. It was awesome. The church is true.
Then we had another lesson later that day with some Peruvian investigators and we brought Brother Jose Bergonje, who is a member in our ward. We taught the first part of lesson 2 and then at the end we kind of switched over to lesson 1 again. Brother Bergonje started testifying to them and he totally said everything to one of our investigators that he needed to hear because he had a bunch of doubts before, but now I think they´re all answered heheh. Then we had another lesson with Marcelo and we taught him lesson 3. He´s gonna get baptised the week following general conference. We´re way stoked because he´s got a strong testimony already and he´ll make a great latter day saint.
We also found 2 new investigators this week and one of them is really awesome and we think that he will accept baptism after a couple lessons. Then we got another investigator that we´ve been working with named Patricia. She is really awesome and accepting, it´s just that she has a problem with alcohol and cigarettes. We had a lesson last week that went really well. We started with a hymn, which she liked a lot, and then we taught the restoration. Then we ended with 2 more hymns and left with a prayer.
Pretty much, this last week was totally guided by the spirit and Elder Zmoos and I have gotten a lot of success. Yesterday was what really capped it off though. Usually we have about 1 or 2 investigators come to church, but yesterday we had 5. 1 came on his own, another came with her dad, another with some members, and the last 2 we picked up. It was pretty much the coolest thing ever and made me say “my life is good, rheel good.”
So yeah, that´s pretty much how my week has gone.
Hey I got a request or 2 actually. I was wondering if you guys could send the 4 books that missionaries are allowed to have in the mission to me. I never bought them while I was in America. So if you guys ever feel like sending another package, that´s an idea for ya. The other request was the address of the mission office. I´m pretty sure that I already have the address in my pension, but not completely sure.
Hey you guys asked if everyone is recovering all right from the quake. Yes they are. It´s funny because the news made it look a lot worse than it really was. They only showed all the places in the south that got totally demolished, but really over here in Santiago everything and everyone are pretty much all fine. Everything is up and running again and it´s almost like an earthquake never even hit us.
You also asked me about my Spanish. It´s coming along great. I´m able to understand just about everything now and I can say pretty much all that I want to. I still studder here and there, but I just keep on speakin and getting better.
Well I think that´s about it for now. I love you all, thought the pictures were great, Mercedes is quite cute by the way, and the church is true.

Elder Steinagel
P.S. Happy Birthday Slade!!! Man I can´t believe that you´re 11 years old now! That is so awesome. You´re getting so tall. Pretty soon your voice is gonna start changing and then you´ll start getting liked by all the girls, heheh. Hey man, I hope you´ve enjoyed your birthday and I´m gonna try and send you a letter today, so it ought to be there in a few weeks. I love ya man!

No comments:

Post a Comment