Elder Steinagel's Address!

Since Jordan's email time is limited, you can write him at:

Elder Jordan T. Steinagel
Chile Santiago West Mission
Correos, Casilla 149
Chacabuco 166
Maipu
CHILE

Monday, April 5, 2010

April 5, 2010 update

Hello everybody. Aw this is so nice. They just recently changed the myldsmail website so now it is so much easier to use and more useful. Well, this weekend was great. On Saturday we had general conference and we were able to watch it in English. So we watched the first 2 sessions and then following the second our district leader interviewed our investigator named Marcelo. He's getting baptised this weekend! Wooohooo! the weekend before I leave this sector. We have changes next week on Tuesday and it is very probable that I get changed. Anyway, conference was amazing and I took a lot of notes. I just thought Elder Holland's talk was incredible, as did many of the other missionaries. He always speaks with such power. All of the apostles speak with a lot of power, but Elder Holland just has that way of speaking, that just astounds. Then between the second session and the priesthood session, we did divisions and went out to proselyte. After that, we got back and watched the priesthood session, which was also amazing. It was so cool because the morning before conference, I decided to write down a few questions to see if I could get the answer, and then I went to Moroni 10 in the Book of Mormon and I looked at the part where it talks about the gifts of the spirit. I saw the gift of healing, and I really felt like I should write the question down of how can I get the gift of healing. So that's what I did and voila! There was a whole talk about healing by the priesthood. It's awesome how miracles happen like that. Another awesome thing is our investigator named Pablo came to most of the sessions and he even brought a notebook and pen to write down stuff during conference. He's way receptive and we have a baptismal date for him on the 24th. He's gonna make a great member.
Oh yeah, one more really cool thing. Our stake president, president Nuñes is getting released this next stake conference and wanna know why? Because he just got sustained to be a seventy. It was crazy because he said that him and his family were gonna leave last week to go to Utah so that they could see conference. Then on Saturday he ends up getting sustained as a seventy. So I thought that was pretty cool.

Oh man, I thought that story about Mario's (the hamster) leg was pretty funny. It's funny how he chewed it off afterward and then gave it to you guys as a token of his gratitude. Hahaha, that made me laugh Dad.

Hey, last night we had another aftershock. It was a really weird one, because it started out as a loud noise that just sounded like a big tractor driving outside, but then suddenly the whole house just started shaking, and then it stopped just as fast as it came. It was strange, but then I just went to sleep.

Well, I think that is it for this week. Oh Mom, I still haven't gotten my package yet, but we get pouch this wednesday, so maybe it will come then. Hopefully :)
I love ya all and I'll talk to you some more next week.

Elder Steinagel

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a sweet letter! Thank you for sharing. I am so proud of him (even though I'm just some random, married cousin). :)

    ReplyDelete